Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CORN ON THE COB

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what is the temp for grilling corn on the cob?
thanks for the help

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I go with 350 direct or indirect, no soaking or shucking for 40 minutes. If cooking direct turn every 10 minutes. -RP
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Eggsactly like Randy said...after it is done I put butter on the corn and DP's Shakin' the Tree...yummy
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I just grilled some out of the husk at 400 dome temp, direct, for about 10 minutes. Turn about every 3 minutes to get nice grill char. They were good!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    300 to 500, i dont think it matters if its in the husk, i just use to throw it in the fire when camping. turn it as the husk starts to blacken and smell it occasionally, when it smells like corn its done. i miss the days of raiding gardens and cooking corn as a kid bet thats not as acceptable in todays times with kids as it was then. neighbors never complained about that
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    Options
    I probably grill corn around 500 deg. I husk it first. I take a little olive oil, blend in a clove of garlic and some cayenne pepper. Brush the blend on the corn, then kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

The secret is to start with good corn.
  • BBQsmoker
    BBQsmoker Posts: 4
    Options
    I pull the husk back and tie to make a handle. Wash it with water and cook at 400 direct for 12 minutes. Turning a quarter turn about every 3 minutes. mmmmm...
    Now I'm gonna have to stop and get some.