Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cedar Planked Mashed Potatoes

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,463
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN3258.jpg
400* for 35-min.
DSCN3261.jpg
Also thick Rib Eyes seared for 2-min then roasted 4-min at 400*
DSCN3265.jpg
And Grillrd Romaine
DSCN3269.jpg
A fine Dinner
Ross
·

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Looks great Ross :woohoo:
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Ross I must say those planked potatoes look fabulous...do you keep the skin under?? what other spices do you use ??
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,463
    Beli,
    Here it is, add Bacon bits
    sc0404ae3e.jpg
    My Best,
    Ross
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Great looking cook you done Ross and the sear looks perfect. For some reason I had to hit reply to see your pics but worth the effert! ;)
    ·
  • Ar-CeeAr-Cee Posts: 105
    The grilled romaine, how is that done? It looks great. (So does everything else, but, grilling romain never even crossed my mine). Please share your recipe if you are willing. thanks in advance. rc
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,463
    AR-CEE,
    First I sear the steaks 650* then roast them 3-4 min per side at 400* When I take them off I just put the romaine cut side down which has been marinating in Italian Dressing with Parmesan cheese. Try it its great.
    Ross
    ·