Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Please help with my STUPIDITY!?

70chevelle70chevelle Posts: 278
edited 2:56AM in EggHead Forum
OK, here's the deal. I loaded up the egg yesterday to cook a big rack of spare ribs. (3-2-1 method). They turned out perfect! After I prepped the ribs and thru them on the grill I whipped up a batch of focacchia dough with fresh rosemary, basil, oregano, garlic & evoo. I mixed that in with the dough, and then made the topping with the above plus some asiago cheese and sundried tomatoes. When the ribs were done, and the focacchia rose a few times, I opened up the vents of the egg, got it to 400 or so and put on the focacchia for 25 minutes. Once that was done, I tried to get the last couple degrees of heat out of the egg and cook my 'brined' baked potatoes, but I was out of lump. I finished them up on the gasser.

Anyway, since the lump was pretty much gone, I took the vent cap off and opened the bottom vent to burn the rest. Then I planned on vacuuming the ash this evening. Well, I forgot about it, and left it opened all night. And...you guessed it, big rain storm! When I woke up @ 6 am in a panic, I went out and checked it. There wasn't any standing water in it, and it didn't seem wet, but I know the rain had to get in. My gas grill, that I didn't cover, got filled with rain water in the drip tray. So, what's the plan? Pull out the platesetter, upper ring & fire box & set in the sun? Don't worry about it? I just don't want to fire it up and it crack cause theres moisture in the ceramic.

Thanks!

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Clean out whatever lump and ash is in there. If it is wet/soggy or you have a little standing water in the egg just leave everything in the sun and leave the dome open for a few hours.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I feel your pain. I left one of my daisy wheels on a table in the rain Saturday.