Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Stoker software - chuck roast cook

UnConundrum
UnConundrum Posts: 536
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Working on some new software for the stoker. You can watch a current Chuck Roast cook by clicking here.. It's a 19# choice from Sams.

med_1214003136-P1020336.JPG

med_1214003203-P1020337.JPG

med_1214003251-P1020338.JPG

med_1214003298-P1020345.JPG

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Oh my goodness--that thing is bigger than big! 19lbs...Wow!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Is that the smallest one they had? :woohoo: I'm really forward to see how this progresses. What is your intent with all that meat?

Mike
  • Are you writing the code yourself?

I downloaded some software for my stoker that will do some graphs and up date you on email, SMS or via a graph on the PC. Supposedly there is a way to post the graphics to a wesite but haven't spent time on that one yet.

Good Luck!! Am very interested in this one.
  • UnConundrum
    We're having a "Gathering" tomorrow for another forum I'm active in, the kitchen knife section of the Knife Forum (The forum is here. We expect about 50 people to show up to socialize and talk about kitchen knives. Sunday, they'll have a little sharpening roundtable with a fairly well respected sharpener overseeing. We even have Shapton USA attending with stations displaying all their stones, for attendees to use. If you're in the Pennsylvania area, you can find some info by following this link.
  • UnConundrum
    Yeah, with some guys that work for me. We plan to release the project, but it's not ready yet. They've put a lot of work into StokerLog, but we wanted something that would be platform independent... Email notifications will be easy, and we're planning text messaging and twitter too :) This is really being done as a distraction for a bit... a little fun project :)
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    You did a really nice job on that. I'd be interested to see how it continues to pan out! I'd like to add to my stoker. Very Cool!
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    UC
    thanks, so much, for posting this. i am not that far, in fact i have an employee who lives in Barto. if i can re-arange my schedule is it ok if i drop in for a bit. what time sunday is the round table ? do attendees bring their collections of japanese knives?
    this is really perfect timing as i just bought an "aoto" moutain blue stone and "awase toishi" natural stone and a bunch of others as i am determined to learn this skill [like i need another obsession in addition to the egg and my japanese garden].
    thanks for the knife forum link as well.
    this is great stuff for me.
    thanks
    bill
  • UnConundrum
    Yep, everyone is welcome. We're up and running already. Just passed around a plate of homemade donuts. ) It's like a tailgating party. Bring and display your knives... Not limited to Japanese, but that's most of what you'll see, plus high end domestics like Carters.....
  • Hope to hear more about this one for sure!!!!
  • UnConundrum
    Bill, thanks for stopping by :) It was great to meet you. Hope we didn't create a new addiction ;)
  • UnConundrum
    Here's the final result, but I'm sorry, I didn't get pictures of it cut... It went too fast ...

med_1214163526-P1020363.JPG[url][/url]
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    thank you so much. you are a gracious host, your property is beautiful, the food and wine was fantastic and.......my addiction was in it's infancy until yesterday....... i came home with "good stuff" and a very long shopping list. ;)
    bill