Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

,, in the shoulder or in the butt?

Options
King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
INJECTEDBUTT.JPG
<p />I was wondering if any of you EGGheads inject your victims. I have experimented with several concoctions for injecting meats. This 9 pound butt probably weighs in at 9.5 lbs. after I filled it with sunshine. I used liquid garlic, cajun seasoning, Prudhommes Pork & Veal Magic, Brucie's Blend Zydeco Seasoning,,, and naturally my favorite,, "buttermilk". As I injected the shoulder "butt",, you could see it swell up. Let that baby sit in the fridge after injecting and rubbing, wrapped in plastic wrap,, and BAM!, it smells good enough to eat raw the next day. Be careful,, I have also seasoned the throw rugs in the kitchen, several T-shirts, many of my sweat pants, and even the back of the couch in the den while pressurizing these beasts. If you wonder about the effects of buttermilk, just ask Dr. Chicken. It will tenderize meat like crazy and there is no after-taste. Many top-notch chefs have started using it as their standard. It don't take much. You don't have to swim your meat in it, and you can rinse it off like brined meats before applying your favorite rub if you like. I pat my ribs with it after applying the rub, and I also like it in a tall glass with salt-free crackers crumbled up in it. Quit making those faces,,, I try yall stuff don't I? Tomorrow is "Q-DAY". The stuff dreams are made of.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    King-O-Coals, anybody that uses two cutting boards at once cannot be all bad...!! I bow to your inspirational post, especially with Dr. Chickens behind the scenes approval. :-)
    Buttermilk??? So far out I have to believe it! And I see you have two of my favorites there. PP's and Brucies..!!
    C~W
    (are you ever going to get that camera cleaned?)