Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butterflyed Chicken with Skin stuffed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do any of you recall a method fo roasting a buterflyed chicken where a stuffing composed of ricotta cheese, etc was put under the skin. and the bird roasted bone side down on the egg? I'd appreciate any thoughts.[p]Thanks, John

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    John Welsh,
    I just did a google search on spatchcock to write a webpage about the word. I found this reference in an article in the Boston Globe:[p]"In Simple French Food, the late Richard Olney wrote about stuffing a flattened chicken with grated zucchini mixed with ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Olney prepared the recipe on his book-promotion tour in the early 1970s, and for a while it became popular among cooks. "[p]Does this sound like it?[p]TNW[p]

The Naked Whiz
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    John Welsh,[p]The link below is to an excellent recipe and method to use with butterflied bird. The recipe is most adaptable to any butterfied bird. [p]Spin[p]
    [ul][li]Cat's butterflied bird[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz,
    Yes, thar seem spretty close yov whatI remember. I'll give it a try.[p]Thanks, John