Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for Father's Day

Options
Boogie
Boogie Posts: 137
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, I got the itch from AZRP and decided to cook pizzas tonight. I'd done the take and bake thing before, but I wanted to something a little more involved. I did two, one regular crust with marinara, sausage, basil, parmasiano/regiano and fresh mozzarella, the other on wheat with pesto, a tiny bit of basil, parmasiano/regiano and fresh mozzarella. I did not make fresh dough, instead stopped by Fresh & Easy for the first time and got both chunks of dough for $0.62 each. The sauces were also undoctored fresh tubs from Fresh & Easy. All in all, both were very good (the wheat pesto was probably better). In the future, I will probably split one package of dough to make the crusts thinner. At AZRP's advice, I used parchment on the stone for the first half of the cook, then removed it and turned it to finish.

Halfway through first one
IMG_1344.jpg

ready to pull off
IMG_1345.jpg

Second one's on
IMG_1346.jpg

Halfway through round two
IMG_1347.jpg

Second's done, let's eat!!
IMG_1348.jpg

Comments