Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs 3,2,1 1,4,1

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife doesn't like smokey ribs so I foil hers early, hence the 1,4,1. I like my with more smoke so my half goes 3,2,1. Both had Bone Suckin Rub, hers had Sweet Baby Rays Sauce and mine had Dinosaur. Cooked at 250 dome for 3 hours then down to 225. Here's the Egg Shot

IMG_0171.jpg

The wifes side on the right pulled back from the bone alot. I never had that happen before. Here's the plated dish with doctored Bush's Beans, potatoe salad and green salad.
IMG_0173.jpg

Next time I think I'll do mine 2.5,2.5,1 I used hickory chunks and mine could have had more smoke flavor. I need to get more experience getting the right level of smoke. I think foil packets might been more consistent if the dang placesetter didn't make adding them such a pain.

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I like more smoke taste on my cooks, so I'll add some chips/small chunks in with the lump as I'm filling up the smoker. That way, as the fire spreads throughout your firebox, you'll be getting some fresh smoke as it burns.
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I started the fire in the back with a paper towel and corn oil, spread 6 chunks of hickory around, I didn't get to do a post cook inspection as I let it go nuclear to clean. I thought I had enough chunks scattered about.