Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and ABT\'s - Happy Fathers Day!

Smokin Tiger
Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ready for the Egg! The two big slabs were seasoned with DP Dizzy Dust. The small ends were seasoned with Ragin River or Shakin the Tree.

IMG_1148.jpg

Loaded on the new adjustable rig I got for my birthday.

IMG_1153.jpg

ABT's - Most with cream cheese, but did a couple with cheddar.

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

5 hours+ low and slow

IMG_1159.jpg

Ribs, baked beans and tater salad....

IMG_1161.jpg

Have a good one!

TC

Comments

• BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    That is a nice set up on the Egg. What are you using to get the different levels? The ribs look good. The ABT's are the best I have seen in a long time.
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    I had a pizza stone on my spider, a foil drip pan in the first level of my adjustable rig from http://www.eggaccessories.com/
    Ribs on the 2nd oval grid, ribs on the standard BGE grid sitting on top of the rig and a BGE extender rack on top of that. I think the adjustable rig is going to be great. You have so many options for multi level cooks and look forward to using it more. The ABT's were great. I split these in half and it was much easier to clean and stuff them. The ribs actually turned out pretty good. This was the first time I ever cooked them without using the 3-1-1 technique. I was a little involved in watching the US Open and decided to let them go.

Thanks

TC
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Do you have any ideas on where to get accessories besides eggacessories. Went to their website and everything is sold out until August. What's up with that, they should be stocked up during grilling season.
    Frustrating to say the least.