Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found in my fridge.......

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While I was out egging with friends this afternoon, my significant other went to the grand opening of a new small chain grocer in the area.

Ground Chuck, Ribeyes, Cube Steak, Chuck Roast, & country ribs.
Picture456789143.jpg

I am all over the ribs, steaks, etc with a multitude of ideas, but not sure about everything.

Have cooked roasts in crockpot, but never on a grill..........
Picture456789149.jpg

Not sure what to do with the cube steak......
Picture456789147.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Sounds like an eggsperiment is coming :woohoo: Your a lucky man.When I get home from hangibg out with friends,I usually have to take out the trash,mow the lawn,repaint the house :silly: You go home to a fridge full of meat to cook on the egg,I'm jealous :whistle:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Cube steaks are great just do a sear an lower the temp to about 250, then add sliced mushrooms and onions with beef gravy and cover. Simmer for 30 to 60 min. and serve with mashed taters. A little butter in the mix works good to.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    cannot help with the cube steak but the chuck will make wonderful pulled beef. clay q has the go to recipe. i do not like sweet on meat so i do not add the maple syrup . i put two on the egg low on a rck over a drip pan >>hickory and forgot about them . when they were pullin into chunks i put them in a dutch oven no lid and kept adding beef stock until they pulled apart with a fork. i did the second smoke too. no rub no prep but salt pepper and beef stock. put on a bun doused with favorite bbq sauce. wonderful and i kind of ignored the whole process took 5 or six hours but i had the egg going while i was doing my saturday chores.
    nice wife to surprise you with all that stuff make something special for her.
  • Bacchus
    Options
    Flapoolman: Are you talking about in a skillet?
  • Bacchus
    Options
    bill, indeed it is nice. Her brother is the butcher at this new store. Definately a good contact to have. Thanks for your reply.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Yes but the key is to get it cooled down after the sear. Did this stove top for years and adapted it to the Egg. Nice sear then slow cook with the mushrooms, onions & gravy covered. A cheap family favorite.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Hey Ron, you want a real treat with that cube steak, do a search for Alton Brown's swiss steak recipe. It is fabulous. You need a 3qt or larger dutch oven, but it is definitely worth the effort.

How thick is that boneless chuck? If an inch or so cook it like a ribeye for a real treat.
  • Bacchus
    Options
    Dang Fidel, that does look good. I may try that Mon or Tues night. Thanks for the idea.