Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking in the rain on the BGE

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A lot of questions have been asked on the forum as to whether you can cook in the rain. I just finished doing it, with no problems.
The only thing I did different was mold a pice of aluminum foil into a cap and attached it to the daisy wheel to keep the rain from going through it and into the firebox.
The results were just like a clear and sunny day-Great!
Hammer

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Hammer,[p]An experianced EGGer gave me an idea for cooking in the rain or snow. Get a large coffee can and put holes in the side, then put the can over top of the daisy wheel. This will still allow ventilation and prevent the rain from getting in. Thanks E.W.[p]rays

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Hood vents are another option.[p]Puj
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    rays,
    Best investment you can make...drink the cawffee and keep the can close by. Mine's a little rusty but who cares it works and it's the cheapest accessory I've ever gotten for the Egg.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Sundown,
    Great ideas from everyone who replied. This is why I like the green room, so much good advice!
    Hammer

• Unknown
    Options
    Hammer,
    Puj used the term "hood vent" but I wonder if you knew what that meant...
    Yesterday it rained off and on most of the day. During 5 hours of that time when it was pouring I was egging baby backs. Did I care? Nope, I had a vent cap sitting snug around Miss Daisy. It is a rain cap made of galvanized sheet metal that goes on a air vent pipe on a roof. It has a cone shaped top. I think I gave $7 for it at Menards. On bit of caution though it gets very hot, but sure does the trick even in real gully washers! ^oo^~