Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Ventilated Cover with Egg Mates?

Options
Jersey Doug
Jersey Doug Posts: 460
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're getting ready to buy a Large to keep the Small company. We're going with a minimalist setup for now, while we think about what we want to do for an outdoor kitchen. That means just the two Eggs in their nests, a decommissioned gasser serving as an Eggcessory box, a chair for the cook and, so I have at least a small work surface when the lid of the gasser is open, a pair of Egg Mates on the Large. We have a ventilated cover for the small and I'd like to get a matching one for the Large, but only if it will work with the Egg Mates. Does anyone here have this setup?

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Yup, I have the large vented cover on a large with EggMates. Works wonderfully.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    Thanks! I'm not sure how much good the covers actually do, but it seems fair that the Large should have one too since the Small does.
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    I'm pretty new, but I do have a cover that I put over my Eggmates...it's a little tight, but I found if you work your way around in a clockwise motion, it will go on pretty quickly. I have not torn my cover...I am overly careful. Had mine Egg since Oct, but took my best friend Bente to show up at my house after 4 months to find the mates not on yet ! oops ! But they have been on a few months and I can tell you the cover goes on good ! Hope this helps...some will say they never use a cover, but it's preference from what I have read so far ! Good luck with your LG ! :lol: :cheer: