Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meaning of Trex and DP?

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,

I'm new to this site and I'm wondering what they mean when they say "Trex" or DP.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is the Trex http://www.nakedwhiz.com/trexsteak.htm

here is DPhttp://www.dizzypigbbq.com/index.html

HTH (hope this helps) ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Trex is a method of cooking steaks, where you sear them at a very high temp, then rest them while the Egg cools for 20 minutes or so then roast them until you get the internal temp you want. DP stands for Dizzy Pig rubs, a spice company run by one of the nicest guys on the forum. -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Trex is a method of cooking steaks. DP is Dizzy Pig. A good rub company.

Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    plus i gave links :whistle:

LOL i love being #1 HAHAHA ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you win a DP. and also some dizzy pig.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    The best steak in the world PIRRIOT!!!!!!!!
  • BENTE
    Options
    TDF!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    A date! Tell them where they are going.

chubbylove1.jpg

That would be sunny Council Bluffs next Feburary for Broc Fest 2.

bf7.jpg

And what will they be doing?

Just have to wonder, when they run into this guy. :woohoo:

ST.jpg

Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    you mean this guy:::::

Eggtoberfest07029.jpg

proud to stand next to him although i am scared he may be corupting young minds

Eggtoberfest07005.jpg

although here is a pic

Eggtoberfest07027.jpg

but i think this guy needs some attention or at least he needs to send me a email telling me why he has desert us for the last few weeks he has a beard now so you might nopt reconize him:::

Eggtoberfest07004.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I didn't recognize him in Waldorf, he said in the lobby of the hotel, "Hey Randy, its me Rick" and I was like Rick who? -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    You should have seen him at Omaha. Got to the fest about 10:30 with his luggage! The bets were flying. :ohmy:
    The locals will never be the same after partying with ST on Friday. :)

Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    that seems like what i said when i seen him with the beard i was like "Who The He#% is that"

got to like him he is a funny guy to B around...

;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea i bet his luggage included some pussers rum... i also bet he was the guy with the longest lens.. it is a wonder he needs a egg let alone 3

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb