Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's Pain in the "BUTT"

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
INvited the new neighbors over on Sunday for some Pulled Pork. Cooked 8 pounder but temp control was iffy the whole time, it was windy here in Texas yesterday. Anyhow 13 hours later and it was done. Also made Keri hoggs beans as requested by the old neighbor who says they are her fave. New neighbor says they are the best he ever had. If you haven't tried them yet you should, they have become beans for ques at my house. Also made maple wrapped tater tots for the kids, abt's, and chicken with a recipe that Bente posted a week or so ago. All was goood maybe a guru is in my near future after all. Both will hopefully become future eggers.

Oh, cake and cupcakes were baked by the wife a couple of weeks ago for one of her co-worker baby shower and she asked if I had posted it and I said no because this a a que forum, but felt bad about it, so I hope you guys understand.

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Tell your wife that I LOVED her cupcake & cake pictures! And now she will have to make some for all of our eggfests! She needs to try to make them in the egg. NICE JOB!
  • JPF
    JPF Posts: 592
    Options
    Great looking food. But I am stuffed from supper, wish I had a some of that cake or half a dozen of those cupcakes and some milk! John
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Thought you were talking about my wife. :unsure: :whistle: . Great looking cooks and congrats to your noles and the canes. Hope it's a Fla team in the CWS but LSU is looking good. Careful with the neighbors, they can be hard to get rid of. :woohoo:
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Correction AG..this IS a 'que' forum..but it's also 'anything made on an egg' forum and oh..btw.. if it looks good enough smells good enough and 'might' be adaptable to the egg... we like to see that too!! :laugh: ;) :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    man i got to try those beans maybe i will get a chance this weekend...... as a matter of fact will do them saturday. have a friend of mine and he has an egg and everytime i go over there i take something that knocks their socks off.. last time it was armadillo eggs... this time i will just walk in with the beans in a pot..... i love it when a plan comes together :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Wife says thanks all for the compliiments.

Poolman thanks although you know the noles history in the CWS. Will be rooting for them anyways. Plius they go for a repeat in track and field.

Bente, the chicken recipe you posted was good ( the one with the mustard paste and chipolte powder). Will be doing it tomorrow on a spatchcocked for friends mother for dinner. The Good thing about the beans is that I make them and they are usually the last thing I put on the egg for dinner that evening so they will be hot. And they will knock their socks off.

eggtucky how many holes are you going to play this weekend for fathers day. Maybe I can have some cake waiting on me when I get home and then watch the last round of the US Open.
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    Wow, that looks quite tasty ! Bente and I went to a small eggfest in GA a couple weeks ago and a guy made those bacon wrapped tater tots...YUM! I need to get my new neighbors involved with the magic EGG...It's time for a Boston Butt...seeing the pix makes me very hungry ! Great post ! B)
  • MeatosBanditos
    Options
    Just curious, what's in Keri hoggs beans?
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    porky dork's -- they have beans, pulled pork, bbq sauce, onion, green pepper, apple pie filling, mustard, brown sugar--a whole lot of tastiness!!!

Just do a search and the recipe will pop up.
  • MeatosBanditos
    Options
    Thanks. That sounds good---I'll definitely have to try it!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    When you do the Keri's Hog Beans use peach filling and not apple...I love the peach...they are delicious