Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The wife, yes the wife who....

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Obviously, I give the wife (yes, the wife who....) a lot of hassle about dropping two cell phones into porta potties in 8 days, but I figured I should give her credit where credit is due. Today is my 33rd anniversary with IBM and she brought in a cake to celebrate. She is special. She is wonderful. She is precious. I'd post her photo, but she'd kill me, lol!
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Fossil Frank
    Fossil Frank Posts: 285
    Options
    Congrats TNW
    It's nice to see someone who has been able to stay with one company for a long time, that's becoming a rare thing these days.
    I had 31 years at General motors when I retired 18 years ago at 51 years of age. I missed it for about five minutes.
    I learned about the BGE and bought one 14 months ago; I wish I had known about the egg years ago.
    Frank from Indiana
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    It seems to me that its about time to let it rest . . .

. . . I mean about the wife who . . .

and I bet she'd agree . . .

:)
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Naaaah. If you knew her, naaaaah...... :laugh:
    The Naked Whiz
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    congratulations, on both counts. the wife and the job.

reminds me of Ben Franklin... young man says to Dr. Franklin "i have come of age and was wondering if i should take a wife?"
    Ben.." Yes, you should, marriage is a fine institution, if you marry well you will be a happy man and, if you don't, you will be a philosopher.

suspect you are a happy man!

bill
  • DJBC
    DJBC Posts: 4
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

20 years is a long time. The longest I've ever been with a single company was 11 years at Apple..... which seemed like 20 at the time.

BTW

I'm a newbie and your site is extremely useful as I learn to cook on my new BGE.

DJ
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    I think I missed something....
    Anyways, happy Anniversary NW. I love the site and refer to it often. I still haven't been able to convince my coworkers that it isn't an adult site, as it is blocked on the office comp :angry: !
    Maybe one day... Enjoy your evening.
    Barrett
    Woodstock, Ga
  • eafo
    eafo Posts: 96
    Options
    wow congrats on 33 years with IBM!
    and on the kickass wife!

i grew up in Rochester, and IBM was a big employer for a long time.