Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch the other weekend

Options
James MB
James MB Posts: 359
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes I love it when I'm left at home:
(now I think I've got the hang of this picture lark)

So I found I nice piece of meat in the freezer that had been orphaned, once I had defrosted it and got it out of the vac pack I was disappointed to find it was actually two slices of meat, but hey this is still a treat.

DSC_0657.jpg

Mustn't forget the main task ...
DSC_0659.jpg
and with that largely in hand let's see how daddy's new mistress is getting along

DSC_0660.jpg

Looking good, now lunch wouldn't be lunch without some more ingredients
DSC_0661.jpg

Add some fried leftover new tatties from the fridge -OK one day I'll saw a skillet handle off and get all egg-purist but for now, Happy early Father's day.
DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0664.jpg

Now onto the next task I've been left, this is boned & rolled brisket - how it's usually sold here in the UK that I've been told to get a pot roast in. Tempting though it is..... I've been told to pot roast it!
DSC_0665.jpg

Tip - lunch was better than dinner!

Comments

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    That looks like a great lunch. The St Emillion looked pretty good too. I think it's interesting that you typically roll your brisket. I was brought up in a house where brisket (corned or not, but never rolled) was always cooked like a pot roast. I was pleasantly surprised when I found I could slow cook a brisket on the egg and get a totally different result.
    Paul
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    Believe me I was tempted to with that one, but I had my (strict) instructions.
    I've had some good brisket results from my WSM.
    Brisket.jpg

I have a good local farmer / butcher who took it to heart when I said I wanted a sizeable piece not rolled.
    Next time I took the grate with me.