Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portland OR eggers - dealer question

Options
WallyInWA
WallyInWA Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't have a BGE but I've been hanging out on the forum while thinking about getting one. We live a ways north of Portland so I was looking at BGE dealers down there. My wife wants to go to Costco this week so I was thinking about stopping at Lisac's Spark & Splash on NE Airport Way since we go right by them on the way to Costco. They are listed on the BGE website as a dealer.

Can anyone comment on favorite dealers in the area, is there one worth traveling extra distance to or are they pretty much interchangeable?

Thanks,
Wally

Comments

• Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    I am only familiar with the west side.

I prefer the Hot Spot in Beaverton but they only carry a few items in stock. Ludeman's in Beaverton has a decent stock of eggs and accessories.

Spacey
  • wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    I've been to Lisac's and found them quite helpful. They're the closest dealer to me here in Idaho.

See ya'll at the PNW!

Good eggin'
    -Paul
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    The only one I've been to is in the Westmorland-Sellwood area (SW Portland): Rose City Pool & Spa. That's where I first laid eyes on an Egg and where I bought my Medium a few weeks ago. They are very knowledgeable and friendly, and give good service: they delivered my Egg and Eggcessories to my 2nd floor condo deck in NW Portland at no charge. I'd recommend them. A bit out of your way, though.

I lurked on the forum and did research into ceramic and other smoker/grill options for about 2 years before taking the plunge. No regrets - I'm loving my MBGE!
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Options
    I picked up my Large at HomeTown Hearth and Grill. There are two locations, one off of 82nd near the Clackamas mall and the other in Gresham. The one closet to my office is the Gresham store and they are helpful and usually have all the supplies on hand. If not, they will be happy to order it for you.