Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip Pan for XL

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What do others use for a drip pan for the XL? I found some disposable 'oven liners' the other day and have got one between the platesetter and grill now while cooking some spare ribs. It overhangs the platesetter in a couple of places but doesn't seem to be affecting the air flow. It's pretty shallow so may not work for a large cook. Wondering what other solutions have others have came up with. Thanks, TNmike

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    You can put the plate setter on the firebox.Then put the fire ring on top.This will give you plenty of room for a drip pan. ;) Or,a shallow cookie sheet will work even better,if you can find a round one :whistle:
  • Mahi-Mahi
    Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Options
    At eggaccessories they sell a 18 inch pan that I line with foil and it works well. I normally shield it with a 19 inch stone so the grease does not burn.