Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oink Tenderloin Suggestions?

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The She-E-O normally buys pre-marianted poek tenderloins from the Central Market she frequents, but yesterday brought home a beautiful whole tenderloin that is just the way God made it - sans skin, feet, hair, etc.

As this will be my first on the egg, I am looking for a great recipe. Spice doesn't scare us, but flavor rules. Cooking recs are always welcome!

Thanks!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    stuffing is great you have to becareful with your knife:::

Pork, Tenderloin, Stuffed, Tomato Viennajack

Here is one i have seen and I will try here in the near future.

INGREDIENTS:
    Pork Tenderloin
    Red Wine Reduction Sauce
    Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
    1 1 1/2 Lbs whole pork tenderloin
    6 oz fresh baby spinach (1 bag)
    6 oz fontina cheese
    5 oz sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
    Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
    2 Tbs olive oil

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
    1 Steal This Recipe® step-by-step instructions:
    2 Sautee spinach in a covered saucepan with 2 tbsp water until it is wilted.
    3 Drain and cool.
    4 Butterfly the pork tenderloin: slice the length of the tenderloin, so that it unrolls with an even 1/2-1/4” thickness – like unrolling a Ho-Ho or a Yodel pastry.
    5 Pound the tenderloin even thinner between two sheets of cellophane wrap. If you don’t have a pounder, use the flat bottom of a small, heavy cooking pan.
    6 Remove cellophane and spread the spinach, fontina, and tomatoes along the whole length of the piece of meat.
    7 Roll the tenderloin up, and hold it together with kitchen string (in a pinch, use toothpicks).
    8 Rub the entire outside of the roast with salt and pepper. Wrap it in cellophane if you will be cooking it later. [You can prepare the roast up to 1 day ahead, as far as this step]
    9 Preheat egg to 400ºF. If roast was prepared in advance, take it out of the refrigerator while egg is heating.
    10 Place in egg and roast for 10-15 minutes on a raised grid-- until meat reaches an internal temperature of 150ºF.
    11 Remove meat from pan and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5-15 minutes. Slice the roast diagonally, and pour the Red Wine Reduction Sauce over the pieces.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Posted 12-23-07 by VienniaJack

Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Spinach, Fontina Cheese, and Sun Dried Tomatoes is served at Siena Italian Grill and Bar for $23.95.

Source supermarketguru.com

2008-5-11005.jpg

2008-5-11006.jpg

2008-5-11011.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    I go simple..Dizzy Pig Rub, Direct at 325 degress with grid raised to gasket level. Favorite BBQ sauce and pull at 142 degrees. Will melt in your mouth.
    foodonegg012.jpg
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • TampaQ
    TampaQ Posts: 40
    Options
    i second the original Dizzy Pig rub. Only difference, I usually do 2 loins, one with DP original and the other with Tsunami Spin. Same cooking method and temp.

Kids go nuts for it.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Thanks guys! Both look great. I'll let you know how they work out.
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 101
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is a flexible meat that allows a great number of ways of cooking that wind up with great results. I prefer Chris Lilly's method of rubbing it with your favorite spice rub, cook indirect at 225 and pull at 160 internal temperature. Cover and let rest for five minutes. Cut on the bias and serve with your favorite sauce on the side. This gives a great smoke flavor w/o the addition of smoking wood. Personally, I set my Poulder at 155 and use apple wood chips to add to the flavor, but that is just my preference. Apple is the natural complement to pork and so when serving any sort of pork, I include both apple flavored slaw and beans.