Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:58 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those with very little to do this weekend.

Yes, the plumbing alert went off, forcing me to exit suddenly from Dreamstate where I was enjoying a train ride through the mountains. I suppose if the dream had been more realistic I could have just used the restroom on the train, but no, I had to make the darkened trek to the maintenance facility where plumbing issues are handled. I made it there easily and even had time to air out the laundry.

Then to the galley where the food chilling unit is housed. Or as we refer to it here at the Chicken Ranch, refrigeration unit. I performed the required check of the illuminator and found it to be functioning properly. I also observed a number of vacant cavities where there had been assorted used and unused food items. This revelation will surely require a visit to the house where replacement food items are wared.

I also took a look out the observation portal to check on the perimeter security status with Rodney Dangerbird. He waved that he had things under control. By that I take it to mean nothing is happening. That's good, I wasn't up to dealing with security issues anyway.

As I sit here in the communications bay draining my still uncharged power supply I can't help but reflect on the previous light period's activities. One such activity involved discussions with a male lifeform trained in but still practicing the field of medicine. More specifically, medicine that involves the muscle and bone structure of carbon units that have encountered mechanical problems.

He had reviewed graphic details of scans made of my superstructure and concluded that the best and most permanent repair option to relieve the structurally flawed areas of my keel would be to cut open and visually expose my framing in order to remove excessive calcium that has managed to diminish the size of the chamber that contains the sensitive low-voltage nerve-wiring necessary to activate various parts of my lower torso. Or I could just ignore it and continue to trouble myself and those around me with frequent audible sounds reflecting pain and misery.

Naturally, I wanted more useful information prior to committing to such a procedure so I submitted my concerns to the BGE Forum where I was able to learn of other's experiences in similar situations. Although their advice and accumulated experiences are appreciated I will have to make a decision as to what I personally should do in order to best carry out the remainder of my assignment on this planet.

Speaking of the Forum, a check shows that 9 Members (me among them) and 56 Guests are frolicking around doing nothing. I think I shall re-deploy myself to the charging station and leave it to them to say something.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Misery Loves Company" Chicken
Spring Texas USA