Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plain Old Boring Chicken

Options
Mike Oelrich
Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chicken1.jpg
<p />With all the posts lately about spatchcocking, I figgered I'd post today's cook -- plain old boring chicken-sitter chicken :-) . . .[p]MikeO

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    MikeO,
    Looks good. What was your temp and how long did you cook? What did you use for seasoning and did you use some wood for smoke?

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    Steve-O,[p] Rubbed it under the skin with NatureBoy's prototype Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin asian rub. Started it at around 225º with pecan wood for smoke. Let the temp creep up to 300º and cooked until the internal temp of the breast was 160º. Took about two hours . . .[p]MikeO
  • Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    MikeO,
    I do chicken like this all the time. It is probably the family favorite! I usually rub fresh garlic and some garlic salt into mine. I cook exactly the same as you except without the stone. My medical professional wife insists on 180 degrees internal temp before eating any chicken though. I can basically pull the bird apart with little effort. Try making chicken salad with the leftovers, the smoke comes through more than you might think! Great photo!
    Jim

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    MikeO,[p]Your technique sounds good, but this method needs a catch phrase. How about "buttercocked" chicken?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    MikeO,
    Since no one wants to guess where I am, I guess I'll tell you about the bumper sticker I saw. It said, "I don't eat anything with a face." Hmmm, I don't see a face on that chicken, so I guess it's ok![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz