Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Menards... Do they all carry Royal Oak lump?

Options
Lizard Dragger
Lizard Dragger Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With all the talk about Wally World to stop carrying Royal Oak it's time to find a new source. I have never seen RO anywhere in my life other than Wal-Mart. For those of you that have Menards, do they all have RO? Any other brands? There is a Menards about 35 miles away and I never go that way but may have to.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    The larger Menard's do. I was just there this morning and the price is $4.64 for an 8.8 pound bag. Doing the math that equates to $5.27 for 10 pounds like W-M gets for their RO.
    BTW it appears to be American made and I've used 2 bags of it already and it is normal RO. The only thing to be careful is (at least at our store) the pallets of lump and briquettes are stacked side by side.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    I have been to three Menards. Richfield MN, St Paul MN and Bismark nd. They all had RO in the summer. Don't know about off season.
    Menards is where I found RO lump in a green bag!
    TTFN WLL
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    The Menard's in Indy has carried RO in the red bag, but just last week I noticed that they now have a few green bags mixed in with the red bags. Appears to be idnetical stuff, just packaged a little differently. Both made in USA.
  • Lizard Dragger
    Options
    Thanks everyone, look like I'll be heading to Menards for RO.