Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Vented cover

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After almost 4 years my BGE large table covers are ready to be replaced. I see that BGE is now offering a vented cover. Does anyone have any experience with the vented cover? There is a substantial price difference between the two and seeing that I need two covers I would like to know if it is worth it to get the vented cover or should I stay with the older model.
TIA
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I got mine a few months ago and I'm extremely pleased with it. Even when it's freezing rain it stays pretty supple. My only complaint (mild irritation)is one end had two Velcro closures that liked to come apart in any heavy wind. I added a couple of extras and it's fine now.

Worth the investment.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    The BGE covers are designed to accommodate the Egg with Egg Mate side tables, right? I have no Egg Mate and am concerned with how their cover will look (and function) on a Mate-less Egg. Any thoughts?

Toying with buying some appropriate fabric and having my wife sew up a cover. Can anyone describe to me how ventilation is accomplished with the BGE-brand cover?

Thanks.