Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping! Nature Boy

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chris, How about the recipe for the boneless, skinless, chicken thighs that you did at Whole Foods? Appreciate it .

Cheers and beers to ya.

Ray Price

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Ray! Good to see your name.

Aw man. Those b/s thighs were the simplest of simple. A quick dose of rub, then 10 minutes later onto the grill at 350-400. Maybe 8 or 10 minutes a side to brown them evenly and get 'em up to about 175-180. You could do them 300 for longer too, and they'd still be good. Hotter for more tasty char. These were pretty small. Slice into strips two ways to get small sample size pieces, place into small sample cup and stick a toothpick in it. (Last sentence was a joke...heee)

We usually cooked each batch using 4 different rubs so folks could try 'em side by side, and we used everything but the Red Eye and the 2 beef rubs. My favorite on chicken is always the tsunami, but funny how many people were diggin' on the swamp venom. One lady was waving her hand in front of her mouth to cool the heat from the rub, and coughing. We were worried we hurt her, but she picked up two bottles and went inside to pay.

Hope you are doing well. Talk to ya later.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    HAHAHAHA You got to love customers like that.. It was sooooo good it made my cry so I bought two jars...

The people at the pick'n I just did looked at the red pepper seeds suspended in the sauces shook their heads and poured it on.. Almost everybody came back for 3rds...

Glad this is working out for you.. One of these days I'll get brave and bottle my sauces..
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Pete, hope your pickin went well today, I'm going to be in your fine state tomorrow through Wednesday, then on Friday I need to cook six butts for a meeting of PSE archery's video team. She said there will only be 50 people, and I told her 4 butts would be plenty. She said the last time I made 4 butts for 45 people, and they didn't have any leftovers. So, it looks like I'm making 6 butts. -RP
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You flying in and out of RDU or Charlotte? I assume you are going to Salisbury.