Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 Hour Pork Steaks

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did two thick cut pork steaks and a pot of Marvlus Marvs baked beans. The cook turned out really good, but it took a lot longer than I had anticipated. I used Butt Rub and mustard on the steaks and I started them out indirect with a plate setter at 250 degrees +/- for almost 3 hours. The internal temp as measured on my quick read thermometer was still only 120-130 after three hours so I raised the temp to 320 for the next hour and added sause 20 minutes before taking them off. The beans were fantastic and the steaks turned out very good - nice and tender and a very agreeable flavor. Internal temp ran 140-145. This is a cook well worth repeating, but I would like to be able to get them done a little quicker. Next time I will start out at 300 indirect and see how they turn out after 2-3 hours.

Comments