Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight\'s real late dinner

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can't even eat now. We had some fresh Italian bread with good olive oil and balsamic with herbs. Lunch will be good tomorrow.
082.jpg

085.jpg
Thanx Sparky

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    man that looks good!! if i would have known supper was this late i might have headed out!
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 101
    Options
    That does look wonderful. At what temp and for how much time was the asparagus on?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    It was low,about 275 for maybe an hour. Too much to drink on an empty stomach to be much more accurate. I stole it from Doug 123 anyway. The asparagus was awesome. Maybe he can get closer.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Steve,I did the asparagus at 300* for about an hour.I got the idea from somebody on the forum a while back.I can't remember who :pinch: Anyway,if your gonna eat veggies,you might as well wrap it in bacon :woohoo: :laugh: :)
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I havent tried the bacon wrapped asparagus but fix asparagus all the time on the egg..I usually direct grill it for 3-5 mins w/some EVOO, S&P, and parmey cheese at the end..stays nice n crisp...doesnt it get 'mooshy' cooking it for an hour?
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I don't think it gets too mushy.The bacon helps protect it.I just cooked it till the bacon looked ready.The asparagus actually dried out a bit at the ends,but were still pretty tasty :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    The bread & olive oil sounds good too. Did you warm it on the egg?

I have been thinking of doing something like a garlic roasted foccacchia on the egg topped with fresh mozzrarella, ripe chopped tomatoes, & balsamic vinegar......