Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Transporting Egged Dishes for Tailgating (college football!!)

Options
buffy
buffy Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking forward to the tailgating season, but I've never tried to bring pre-egged food along. I would like to open the floor for some recommendations on how to transport different dishes to maintain that right off the grill flavor and textures. Specifically, how do I transport multiple slabs of back ribs.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    buffy,
    Simple, just get your timing down to where the ribs will be done a little before you go to the stadium, wrap them in foil and load them up in a cooler with towels to help insulate them. They should stay hot for a long time. That method will work with anything. When you get there just pull out what you need and cut up.
    Happy Cooking
    Scott

• Basselope
    Basselope Posts: 102
    Options
    I had to transport 5 racks of baby backs on the 4th. A local restrauant supply house had foil serving trays in the 1/2 steam table size and foil lids. Cut up the ribs as they came off the egg and loaded up two trays, slapped on the lids wrapped in towels, and away we went.
    Best part was no clean up.

• Unknown
    Options
    You could always go to Sams's/BJ's and pickup some food service type styrafoam boxes and aluminum foil.[p]Why not just take the egg to the tailgage? I have a small egg that I transported to many college football tailgates even before I owned the motorhome.