Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

rib roast

BuckBuck Posts: 21
edited 3:17AM in EggHead Forum
I am going to smoke a 14lb boneless rib roast, and was looking for aprox times to get to rare, and a recommended temp with indirect cook. I would sure hate to have hungry guests wait too long for supper, eggspecailly prime rib. Thanks. Buck

Comments

• Buck,[p]Try it at 350 for maybe 15-18 minutes a pound. Take it off at 125 and let it sit for 20 minutes.[p]If you have the time and the inclination (and horseradish), try the paste below. It's spectacular. My father asks for it every Christmas and Father's Day.[p]Lee

[ul][li]Capt. Bill's garlic, horseradish paste[/ul]
  • Caveat: Capt. Bill credited Mad Coyote Joe for the recipe. I just remember it as Capt. Bill's because he was the poster.[p]Lee
  • I second this recipe. Used it four times now and it's delicious!