Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

WIP (last post before powdercoat)

NooBBQNooBBQ Posts: 134
edited 5:18AM in EggHead Forum
Missed a couple of days posting (and figured people had enough for a little bit)

Anyway it started like this
296586948_EbVXg-L.jpg

And went to this

302672320_E8oj2-L.jpg

302674922_XoZi8-L.jpg

The racks will be covered by the diamond plate
298164615_zhU2p-L.jpg

Side view of the racks, and the bottom on that site of the cart, I have not figured out what to put underneath there yet.
302676548_dGFGT-L.jpg

Other side
302682286_gtsrY-L.jpg

That bottom grate is removable
302683041_HTPQN-L.jpg

Anyway, few things left to do, including some hooks, and of course the mandatory beer opener. And then this pupy should be in powedercoat by the end of this week.

nooBBQ,

Comments

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    that has got to be the sweetest egg cart out there!! now the big question is are they going out to the public??
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Very nice but as to stupid questions, where's the motor go & how much horsepower??
    Great looking build and a lot of thought went into it for sure. Very nice job.
  • NooBBQNooBBQ Posts: 134
    ah what the hell, one more

302694602_8KWfk-L.jpg[
  • Bob-OBob-O Posts: 211
    You should be proud. How ever you obtained your ability to do such work, it shows that it is something that will last a life time. Most on this forum can only dream of such ability. Congratulations.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    I'm sure you thought of it but watch for back clearance when open.
    My stainless top pre install.

100_1660.jpg
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,124
    Not sure what color of powdercoat you are thinking, butI have had several EGGcesories powder coated over the last few years and I started off with a deep green and then about 2 years ago I took the ceramic top to my man and asked if he could match the BGE green. He mixed some green and black and my EGGcesories have been happy ever since. I just have to be careful not to get much over 400F. Usually use the toys indirect.

Beer Butt/Veggie

VERTICALPOULTRYROASTER.jpg

Veggie Holder

VEGGIEHOLDER.jpg

Meat Loaf Holder

MEATLOAFROASTER.jpg

Grid Lifter

GRIDLIFTER.jpg

Extended Grid

EXTENDEDGRID.jpg
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Very nice! How long before mine is done? :woohoo: Love the rack idea. If it's not too late, look at egg accessories.com, You'll want an adjustable rack eventually. You could store your smoking woods below the racks. Wood looks great too! We are gonna have to get you your own show on the Discovery Channel; American Grill Chasis. Keep the pics coming!
  • AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Nice table. I really like the idea of the removeable quick tray. Will hav eo find a way to incorporate something like that in my kitchen, Because I am always lloking for a place to drop tongs/forks, grid lifter, or ash tool. And since it is removeable I could just take it off and throw in dishwasher. When are you going to start offering them to the public :laugh:
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Hey! Stop showin' off!

Of c'mon o'er my way an' make me one-na them thar things!

~ Broc

:) :laugh: :)
  • AzScottAzScott Posts: 309
    Wow, that is a nice table. Did you mention what color you are going to powder coat it?
    I am thinking of a straight fwd semi gloss black.

Between the aluminum and SS, and the redwood, trying to match the BGE greeen I believe will be over the top.

nooBBQ,
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    The build is looking really good. What is your source for the stainless tray?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Unique table. Workmanship and design are outstanding. That thing should last you a lifetime.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    That is super nice. You should seriously consider marketing those....
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Well done!! Are you going on the "PIMP MY CART" program? :laugh:

Very nice work.
    thirdeye wrote:
    The build is looking really good. What is your source for the stainless tray?

Found it at a local restaurant supply. They come in various lengths, I guess in "the industry" they are known as quick tray (at least that is what it was labeled at).

nooBBQ,
  • civil eggineercivil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Your table design is very impressive.
  • Very very impressive. do you weld for a living
    No don't weld for a living, I am one of them darn engineers, jack of all trades master of none.

nooBBQ,
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Hey dude.When you first started this project I made a comment that you seemed to be a perfectionist.This has gone way beyond that man.I think it is unreal and one of the best looking rigs that I have seen.Again keep up the good work.I do think every one would agree a job well done!!!
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Looks great and will last a lifetime.