Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE dome "underbite"

Options
UPinSMOKE
UPinSMOKE Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After dealing successfully with my growing green gobs of goo in the dome and cooking chamber successfully with excellent tips from users here, I have found another slight problem.

The dome does not quite fit exactly all the way around, and viewing it from the front/top there is an "underbite" at 4-7 o'clock and an 'overbite from about 8-11 o'clock.

I have used the search feature here but didn't locate much help in how to re-align the top and bottom.

Any references to help on this or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Pat

Comments

• Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Options
    I am just wanting to let you know that you aren't alone on this. I called the mothership to ask them about it. I was told if it was under 1/4 inch not to worry about it. I loosened and reset my top ring and got it somewhat better. Sorry I don't have a better answer, but, from the lack of responses, no one else seems to know either. :) thanks rc
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    I used some stainless washers between the upper band and the ceramic top to help "nudge" the top so that it lines up better with the base. I have also heard about others using quarters.

I was a little worried that the washers might allow for some slipage of the band, but so far it has worked out great.

Be sure to keep a close eye on the band bolts to make sure that they are still bent and that the band is very tight.