Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. GPS Interuptus

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did anyone have a problem with their GPS unit receiving a signal from the satellites today around noon eastern (or any other time today?).

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Yes! Some global reports have it that spurious, incoming & outgoing electromagnetic waves have been detected in the vicinity of Houston, TX. All GPS users have been advised to stay in port (or at home) and to promptly alert their nearest bartender of any anomalies. Updates will be distributed in conformity with the usual, pecking-order protocal. Stay tuned....
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I don't have a GPS just yet, but I'll head straight to the bartender anyway, just in case. :woohoo:
  • eafo
    eafo Posts: 96
    Options
    i liked GPS better before the gov't removed Selective Availability. Having to calculate the differential corrections yourself was kinda fun.
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Perhaps their is a military strike going to occur. The military can scramble all GPS units so retaliation is futile. If the sun rises tonight, you will know bid trouble ahead. I am cooking ribs tomorrow so I hope they wait!!!
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    It's that time of year when the sun moves moves behind the satellites. This causes a temporary sun otuage. It also happens to TV channels