Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick Thermometer Help

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This may be a stup question, BUT.................

Brand new unit. Base display works fine, alternating display between food and grid temps.

Remote unit just flashes -- -- on dual display for both food and grid. I have goen thru the instructions (reluctantly) which seems to mostly focus on setting high/low, etc alarms which of course doesnt do any good without a temp reasding.

It is not a range issue. I'm right next to it. Have turned it on/off a few times and gone thru obvious motions.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Turn both units off and wait a minute or so.Turn on the transmitter and then like right now turn on the receiver.If you wait more than 60 seconds to turn on the receiver the probe display will keep flashing.Hope this helps.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Thanks.

This thing is sweet. I am here at my desk in the basement, approx 100ft from egg with no windows. Grid temp at 233deg.
  • NooBBQ
    NooBBQ Posts: 134
    Options
    I actually think it is the sequence. The receiver needs to be on before you switch on the transmitter.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Glad that you are up and running.Now that I think back I might have done the same thing.I was in to much of a hurry to get things going for a cook to run it through its paces.It will be one of your best gadgets to use on the egg and will give you lots of peace of mind through a cook.