Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy Calamaty of a Chicken

PaPaShaBBQ
PaPaShaBBQ Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please excuse as English (American) is not my first language. I am trying and learning in an ESOL class.

I made a chicken yesterday. I came up with a silly name for it.

Basically it was a Tyson's Antibionic Free Chicken but you can use whatever you want. I then rubbed the outside of it with Olive Oil but you can use whatever you want. Then I used my generosity and sprinkled Big Green Egg type brand flavoring on it and rubbed it in.

I then had a concept that I wanted to create into a general idea and that was to stuff half an onion inside of it. So I did. You can do it if you like.

Then I proceeded to place it on my official BGE V Rack (this accessory is a nice product) and place it on my grill. Now and having realized this, I got my grill up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (Celsius in Canada). The chicken was placed on the v rack then on the grill for about 90 minutes. I then also soaked some Pecan chips of which I then proceeded to throw on my coals.

It created a delicious smokiness which I think will be a truth that will be self evident in the pictures.

Below are some of the said pictures.

0523082027gj6.jpg
0523082030jy9.jpg
0523082031bl9.jpg
0523082028my8.jpg

Excuse the vodka as it is the only spirit I like to imbibe in. For that you can to take 1 jigger of vodka (I use smirnoff as it was $23 for half gal. but use whatever you please to like), dash of lime soda, over ice with top of tonic water.

This pairs as well with the flavors of the chicken and i am also liking the head feelings.

Comments