Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seared Tuna!!

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Found this tuna steak on special today. It was very good!!
PB140016.jpg
PB140017.jpg
PB140018.jpg
PB140020.jpg

Smokey

Comments

• Judge
    Judge Posts: 35
    That looks nice. Every darn time I look at our tuna around here it has worms in it. Ticks me off. When I show the butchers they actually act surprised with me when I show them
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Care to elaborate on how to spot worms in tuna, I've never looked before, but don't know what to look for. -RP
  • Judge
    Judge Posts: 35
    Its actually very easy. lightly pull apart the top of the meat with your fingers and run your other hand across the top. If there are worms you will see little red spots. These are the holes if you rub across them you might even be able to pull the worm up slightly. Then you can pull out the worm with tweezers. Sadly the meat is spoiled by them anyway. Only cure is to cut out that section. I see you like your tuna cooked like me cooking like that with worms can make you a little ill
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    I have almost stopped eating any kind of salt water fish because of this. Worms are found is some fresh water fish too. Just hold the meat up to a light, and they're not hard to spot. Our oceans are fast deteriorating.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Very nice and not overdone. That is a great price to boot.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Very nice. Like to roll some sushie with that! ;)
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    We had some seared yellowfin tuna here last night after I pulled off the pork butts and ramped up the temperature. They were marinated for about an hour in a sesame ginger sauce, and then I coated them with sesame seeds. Very good.

Bevo (Colin in Austin)