Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2009 Texas Eggfest

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was in BBQ Outfitters today picking up a bunch of Ozark Oak and various toys. I overheard discussion with a new egg buyer - that the 2009 Eggfest will be back at the Oasis in APRIL!! I had to interupt with loud thanks to my maker, as I could have sworn we were nearing the gates of Hades a couple weeks ago - IT WAS HOT!!

April should be nice!

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    See ya out there, man! Yeah, I'm with you--I hope that it's cooler out there next year, because it was a bit on the warm side, but near as hot as it is today! I'll be cooking some goodies for sure next time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I just hope we're not stuck in a parking lot somewhere. The deck we were on was nice. April should be even nicer.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Spring "BBQ Outcookers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Options
    Curious about where at the Oasis next April. I understand the deck will be gone. Plan on cooking again.

cheers!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    the Oasis was very nice, but need the decks...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Why will the decks be gone? I agree with Leroy -- we sure don't want to be stuck in a parking lot. The decks were nice, especially with the shaded area available. Hope to see you all there next April.

Bevo (Colin in Austin)
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    That gives them 11 months to work on some nametags. I plan on cooking next year as of today.