Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To many menbers here at noon time

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is with you guys and girls? It's time to be in the kitchen getting things ready to cook and not reading the mail.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Some of us are working through lunch to leave early and get home and really start cooking!
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    It's only 8:23am here - I haven't even left for work yet! :)
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    It's almost 11:30 here, why work past noon!

Walt
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Opps! Forgot about the Land Of Pleasant Living time zone.When you get to be my age you will say why work. Have a great weekend.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Thanks, all kidding aside, I work all the time, I own a small business.

Walt
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Walt,

I hear ya!!!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darnoc
    Options
    I did as well.I was in the audio business in the early 50's before stereo.Let alone surround sound.Then every thing for the most part was in kit form and the guys built their HI FI system over the week end.My,how the times have changed.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Ahhh...the glory days of tube amps! I love all things electronic and am an addicted audiophile/videophile....but I really miss my very first stereo purchase - a 1960's era McIntosh amp...I bought it used when I was 15 (in 1980). The digital stuff today can't get that kind of warmth!! :(

Darnoc wrote:
    I did as well.I was in the audio business in the early 50's before stereo.Let alone surround sound.Then every thing for the most part was in kit form and the guys built their HI FI system over the week end.My,how the times have changed.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    I admire your expertise and your ability to detect "warmth" from sound systems. Since my ears got old...along with ther rest of me...I'm just glad to have a knob on my amp labeled TREBLE. Sure miss the good sound!
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I was fortunate enough to know on a personal basis Saul Marantz,Frank McIntosh,Herman Scott,Avery Fisher,Paul Weathers,Rudy Bozak,Paul Klipsh,Sid Harmon,Mat Polk,Amar Bose,Henry Klauss,Ed Vilcher,(founders of Acoustic Research and KLH)Conrad Johnson,plus others that I cant recall at this moment.I think I was the only dealer on the east coast that was both a Marantz and McIntosh dealer.Saul Marantz and Rudy Bozak were up tight with each other and James B Lansing (JBL) and McIntosh were the same way.I was fortunate enough to have both of the speaker lines in my shop.Time to stop jabbering and go to bed.