Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baby Backs, Goop and Rolls

RichRich Posts: 67
edited 5:45AM in EggHead Forum
I have a load of BB ribs to Q--a case to be exact. Has anyone done a bunch of rolled ribs (best way to max out the grill space). How many racks has anyone gotten on a grill? Also, do folks like using Goop as a marinade (fifty/fifty butter milk/mustard)?
I really need some advice and photos if ya' got'em.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DavidRDavidR Posts: 178
    Rich,[p]I like using "goop" method. My ribs turn out fantastic that way. With each cup of buttermilk and mustard (2 cups), I add 1/2 cup of rub. Slather it on, and let it marinade overnite. But don't use a rub that has a lot of salt in it, or you'll have salty ribs.[p]Cook them indirect (no water in the pan, I use a pizza stone under the grid) at 225*. Flip or turn every 45 minutes, and plan on a 4-5 hour cook. Mop or baste as you like.

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    DavidR:[p]Here is an excellent "roll" recipe for you . . .

[/b]
  • RichRich Posts: 67
    djm5x9,
    Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely use it. However,
    I was looking for insight on cooking rolled racks of ribs--a bunch of em at once.

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Rich:[p]I know . . . Regarding the ribs, coil and run a skewer through them.
  • RichRich Posts: 67
    djm5x9,
    Thanks, yet again. Rib Fest should be huge.[p]Rich