Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My 1st brisket- when should I start?

edited 10:31PM in EggHead Forum
I have a 6 lb brisket, and guests showing up at 3:00 pm tomorrow. Would it be best to get up early and start the briskit at 6 am, or cook it overnight and possibly have it sit for a few hours before my friends come over?[p]Thanks,[p]Skooter

Comments

• nikkignikkig Posts: 514
    Skooter,
    We just did a 6.5 pounder the other night. It cooked for 15 hours at 250. Our set up was: original BGE grate, drip pan, second grate with brisket on that one. It was the best brisket we have ever cooked. Good Luck!

• nikkig,[p]Thanks for the advice- I should go overnight if the brisket will take that long. [p]I'll let you know how it goes![p]-Skooter[p]
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Skooter,
    If your brisket is done early, wrap it in foil, wrap that in a heavy beach/bath towel, and put the whole thing into a cooler. No ice. :-) It will stay hot a long time until you are ready to carve.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • haywyrehaywyre Posts: 165
    nikkig,
    In your setup. Were you using fire bricks between the grids?
    [/b]