Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad Byrons Butt Rub +?

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If using Bad Byrons Butt Rub do you add any thing to it?
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Depends on the meat and the recipe. As a primary spice I use BBBR exclusively. However for somethign like ribs, you would start out with BBBR and then move to brown sugar and honey and then BBQ sauce during your cook (for kansas style ribs)...for my shrimp I combine it with flour, for my steaks I use it alone, for my meatloaf I add it with garlic salt and pepper, you get the picture I think.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Mickey
    Options
    thank you,,,, got my first bottle after picking it up and putting it down for 2 years. was told it would become my number 1 with several additions to it.
    thanks
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Hey Mickey,

The thighs below just have evoo and BBBR...I've made a BBQ sauce to coat them just before done. If you've never used it, give it a shot!

ctredwell
    go dawgs!
  • Mickey
    Options
    your post is what made me think to ask, just bought it last week after several years of ????

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I used it recently on a couple of butts...one of my egg dealers carries it..didn't add anything other than the plain mustard base before the rub..was very pleased...will likely use again...