Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need help PLEASE :)

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does any one know of a dealer not to far off the Mass Pike? We will be traveling down through there today with the camper and need a plate setter for our small. Our dealer up here was out :( even if they are 15 - 20 off the interstate it would be worth rerouting. I did some searches on the egg site but to track down all the zip codes was taking forever. We will be going down through NY also to Albany and on to Binghamton. Everything I found around our final destination was way out of our way. Thanks to anyone that can help. you will make cooking a turkey just a little easer :) Julie

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Here's one in Albany, NY that is very close to I-90. You might want to call first to check if this listing is current. Good luck!

Best Fire, Inc
    1760 Central Ave,
    Albany NY,12205
    (518) 869-9600
    www.bestfire.com
  • Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Options
    My dealer doesn't carry SBGE eggs or components - I presume there are a lot of other dealers like that. You may find several close to your route but none that carry SBGE stuff. Here is an alternative set up just in case.

Find something to support two fire bricks - I used 3 pieces of rebar. You could use a cut up grate as well.

101_2662640x480.jpg

In my case, I put the fire bricks on top of the fire box, and then the ring and grate on top of the fire bricks.

101_2663640x480.jpg

101_2665640x480.jpg

You could still put a drip pan supported up off the fire bricks with some foil.

Good Luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    IF you come down rte 1 through danvers/peabody, there's a dealer on the southbound side - Budget Pools. As you are going down rte 1 they are after Naamco and the Logan Express and the parking lot entry is right after a small (run down) mobile home community. There is also some kind of Christmas shop as part of the store so there may be a sign for that as well.

I'd call first to see if they have one in stock.
    Budget Pools and they're in Peabody.