Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple chicken marinade

Options
Dec
Dec Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HI all,[p]I smoked several things this evening :) but seriously, the simple chicken marinade once again proved to be the hit of the night. I started with thighs that were rinsed in cold water, then dropped into a large zip lock bag. I then added a liberal amount of Italian dressing. I get the gallon size from Smart and Final. I then add equal amounts of BBQ, Wooster, and soy sauce to the dressing. After a few hours the chicken went directly on the smoker skin side down, I add salt, pepper, and garlic. After thirty or so minutes the chicken is done. I think this is a good way to cook chicken for the newbies, or if you are in a pinch for time or at a strangers house.

The chicken was accompanied by a salad, fresh cherries, red and green bell peppers grilled with olive oil, salt and pepper, Tri-tip, Zucchini, garlic bread, and of course cold beverages.[p]Once again, happy 4th,[p]Dec

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    topview.JPG
    <p />Dec,

Your chicken sounds great, but would you mind if i asked some questions. Where they pieces of the chicken or just cut in 1/2? What temp were you cooking at cause i was wondering if you checked the internal temp & hopefully you got it to 170F. You mentioned smoker which makes me think of low temps & longer cooking time.
    I am only asking cause lots of new eggers here & they should know the safty temps when it comes to cooking chicken & such.
    I have not tried to use Italian dressing, but i will give it a try soon.[p]Thanks for the help
    Regards
    Earl

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Dec,
    Could you be more specific on how much of the other ingredients you added to the Italian dressing? Or do you just eyeball it? Like Earl, I'm also interested in your cooking temp and if you cooked direct or indirect.

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    Steve-O and Earl,[p]I started out with chicken thighs bone in and skin on. In regards to the amount of BBQ, soy, and Wooster sauce that is added is just however much you want to add. I usually do about 6-10 shakes of the soy and Wooster in to the bag. As for the temperature of the chicken I am not sure, never used a thermometer. I just look at what I am dealing with and go from there. Guess I have been luck so far.[p]Dec