Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Price of Ribs and Pork Roast in your zip!

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was shopping a the local Sam's Club today and noticed that the price of a cryovac pack of ribs have jumped up about $6-7 on average since the last time I was in there. They didn't have any poark roast. Boy I really wanted to cook some ribs tomorrow but since It is only the four of us didn't want to spend that much when it was just me who was craving them.

So we opted for a tenderloin instead. Will atttempt to cook it like grillmeister did at the Texas Eggfest.

Instead of all the talk about gas prices someone needs to bring up the corn issue and the price of food these days. enough ranting for now.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Think that has something to do with this years recruiting, The price of gator is sky high :laugh: :laugh: Bulldog is cheap but I can't find seminole anywhere.
    LOL Glad the Egg-Ma-Hall worked out, the pics look great.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    It takes desiel to get these groceries to the store. ;) Even more $$$$$$$$$.
    $.98lb for butts on sale.
    $2.79lb for 3 pack of ribs (baby backs) from Sam's.
    $1.59lb for whole pork loin at my local store.

Mike
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Poolman, thanks the Egg-ma-hall turned out well. NOw I have to redo some landscaping. You know how you contractors and their subs are. Bet those recruits cost you a lot of money and Old Bobby is probably costing us some good recruits.

Carwash, Little cheaper where you are.
    Spares were $2.27 a pound
    B-backs $3.38 a pound
    Tenderloing $2.27 a pound
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Jayhawk prices are going down in the State of Kansas. :woohoo:
    Someone played in this year's National Championship game, that never passed math at HS.
    68,25,24 for test scores. Then a final grade of 70. Jayhawk math. :woohoo:

Mike
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I paid $1.47 lb for spares yesterday. -RP
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I did Sam's spares a couple of days ago (the non-cryovac'ed type), but I didn't look at the per-pound price. I think it was somewhere in the range of $2.00/lb, but I wouldn't swear to it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Man that's a good price. I don't think I have ever been able to catch a price that low out there.

GG
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I bought 4 racks and cooked them today, I got a huge batch of chile made out of the trimmings. Thinking I should go back and buy some more and freeze them. -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    GOD DANGIT. With those prices I might be able to copy your build. :laugh: :laugh:
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hey poolman you must be talking about azrp prices
  • slyrye
    slyrye Posts: 135
    Options
    I saw whole slab ribs at 1.89 pp and the whole pork loin for 1.19 pp up here in mass. yesterday. shoulder bone in was .99 pp and the boneless butts were up in the 1.99 pp range. Get ready for a sharp hike in price the butcher is saying.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    AG,

Hmm...I'm from almost the same zip code as you, and the last time I bought ribs, they were between $2-3/lb, depending on if they were spares or baby backs. They sure are getting proud of their product. That kind of pricing is equivalent to the HEB Natural/organic ribs they sell at their stores. At least you can just buy what you need there, and not get beat up by having to buy a 3-pack--unless you're cooking for a bunch of folks.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I slide into costco today and choice grade beef tenderloin was less than $9 a pound......I had the will power and only bought a brisket packer but the brain was buzzing for a reason to buy a tenderloin for next weekend........dang it, after loading the picture, I should have bought one . T

tenderloinraisedgrid0001.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hey tjv,

I'm with you, I probably should have just bought what I needed for next weekend plus an extra and just cooked what I want to eat tomorrow. Who know what the price will be next weekend.
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 101
    Options
    It's getting bad when we are starting to think like countries with massive inflation. For many years, people in Brazil went out and purchased anything they needed or might need, because in another two weeks the purchasing power of their money would drop.

Burning our foodstuffs to power automobiles is right up there with, "eating the seed corn" in absolute stupidity.

Wayne
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    At that price I sure would.

GG
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    here in nor cal BB $4.99 pp
    spares 3.79 pp
    loin 2.99 pp
    reg gas 4.15
    diesel 4.79

egged food priceless...........................
  • PineyWoodsBrewer
    Options
    I just bought a pack of baby back pork ribs at Sam's Club in Columbus Georgia.
    $3.48 per pound. They were $3.27 per pound two weeks ago.