Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Pork Butt

CaptainChiliCaptainChili Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pork Butt experience: A couple of weeks ago I set up a 6 pound or so butt on my medium. I am pretty new at this having about six cooks under my belt. I was cooking indirect with a platesetter and used a remote thermometer. I was able to maintain a good 225 to 250 degrees, my meat starting temp was about 49 degrees. At four and a half hours my internal temp read 196. I was expecting it to take a lot longer to reach this temp but decided to take it off. The pork was definitely cooked but was not tender enough to be pulled. I could have cooked a lot longer but reaching that internal temp caused me to stop the cook. Help

Comments