Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A rainy night in Georgia

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
And I just lit a fire in my egg. Got two 10# butts to have ready by just after noon. Taking them to scout camp for dinner for approx. 15. Our camp is just a couple hundred yards from UGA Vets house so I hope to get to meet him this weekend. Georgia needs the rain so I am not complaining, just hope my Maverick works (no guru here) so I can stay inside most of the time. ;)

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Just keep an eye on it and you will be fine. Does Brad know you're going to be there? He's a great guy, hope you two hook up. -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good luck with the cook. Please send the rain here to put the damn fires out.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Yes, I have let him know. It is a work weekend for us so I told him I would stop and see if he is home on my waay out Sunday.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Yea, right now yall need it too. My sister lives a little south of you and I have been hearing about it. Hope your situation improves a lot soon.
  • BamaBackdraft
    BamaBackdraft Posts: 318
    Options
    Hows the lakes looking now? Went to Helen GA last Oct. and all the lakes looked like they were about to dry up.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    My son lives just a few miles from Helen. Most of the lakes are looking better. Lanier, the one near Helen is still 13' below.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Have a great weekend! The cobblers came out perfect. I say cobblers because we did another one tonight. Fantastique! Enjoy your butts!(You know what I mean :woohoo: )
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Yea I know! They will be fine as long as i keep them away fro the "pot" I got from you LOL Glad the cobbler worked. See I told you it was a simple foolproof cook.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I am glad that you are getting rain, goodness knows you need it. I am growing weary of it here in Nashville, I think this will be our 8th straight weekend with rain.

Enjoy,
    Walt
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    well good luck on the cook are you going to use a rain cap???

this i a old photo before i got my guru
    100_0058.jpg

if you don't have one you can use some foil.. and the daisey wheel handle...

Here is the southeast doppler and it looks like the rain is going to stop in my area and yours soon so horray for your cook and booooo for my grass but it has been raining here steady for a few hours..... lake hartwell will be looking better B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Rusty Rooster
    Options
    No raincap. I have it under the edge of a tree to break most of it. The butts went on almost 30 min. ago & the maverick is reading inside the house. As long as I can see smoke whisping out the top & the meat is hotter than the last time I woke, I can sleep most of the night. Hope yall get enough rain up there.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Rain has slacked off. Dome temp is just under 250, meat temp 44 & I have to be back at this keyboard by 07:30 AM. Time to trust my egg & turn it over to all you night owls. With SC & CW at the helm most nights it is in good hands. Good night all.
  • jamiemeyer
    jamiemeyer Posts: 97
    Options
    Glad to see y'all getting the rain there in GA. I lived in ATL at the height of the ban, so I feel your pain.
    We had a gully washer here in Austin last night; we got about 5 inches or so. That is what you are getting now.
    Glad to send it your way!
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    My band recently started covering that song (the Brook Benton version). Now it's stuck in my head. B)