Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rack of Lamb (pictures)......

Options
trex1210
trex1210 Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought two 1/2 rack of lamb today, and cooked them on the LBGE tonight.

I had great intentions of taking before, during, and after pictures, but my camera was with the wife.

She got home in time to eat, so I took a couple of pictures of the finished product. I definitely need to work on my photography skills.........any tips for taking pictures of food would be greatly appreciated!

Back to the lamb......I coated it with EVOO, kosher salt, pepper, garlic pepper, and a little onion powder. Seared 2 minutes a side at 600-625......then pulled and rested while the grill cooled.

I then put them back on the grill at 350 for approximately 15-20 minutes.

The results...........outstanding!! I will definitely have to try this again.

rackolamb003a.jpg

I wish I would have taken a picture before slicing as the crust was very nice as well.

Trey

Comments

• Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    Very Nice! Those look great, save about 6 or 7 of them for me :laugh:

TC
  • BamaBackdraft
    BamaBackdraft Posts: 318
    Options
    Got to try some of them! Love lamb lollipops
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Man I love me some lamb but you have to special order it around hear and the reciept will make you cry! :blink: Great looking cook. The problem with the pic is it's to far away. Needs to be closer. Also shoting from an angle adds depth as does objects in the background such as beer or wine. ;) They don't have to be in focus but add depth to a pic as well. Your plate lay out looks good. Prehaps a multicolored plate? And like you said the cook as it progresses is nice to see. IMO. Sometimes I get carried away taking and posting pics but they tell the story more than I ever could. All the above is just my thoughts. I'm a chemical operator and and Excorprate hog farm manager for Tyson so take it for what its worth! :laugh:
  • trex1210
    trex1210 Posts: 33
    Options
    I was surprised that the Lamb wasn't too expensive. I paid $23 for the two half racks.

As for the pictures, I will definitely get better. I have gotten to where I take good hunting pictures, but I guess my food pictures will take some more practice.

Thanks for the tips........I will try different angles!

Trey
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    That is a bargin! Tell you what if you lived close I would force myself to eat the food your cooking if the pics don't turn out right so you could try again! :laugh: That lamb looks gooood!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Very pretty lamb-pops, Trex.