Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold Smoking lox photos

Options
Chef Arnoldi
Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
at about 300°F & extention with apple wood chips for 1 hour .[p]image-display?photo_id=850576&size=sm[/p]
[p]image-display?photo_id=850585&size=sm
[/p][p]image-display?photo_id=850587&size=sm

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi ,
    Could I throw in my laundry when your done! Thats the wildest thing Ive ever seen![p]Tom

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    coldsmoke.jpg
    <p />Chef Arnoldi ,[p]Did you make a foil chamber for the smoke box, that what it looks like. Do you know the temp in the chamber? I assume 300 was the dome temp. Finally, how did it turn out? Looks like a great idea, thanks for sharing.[p]Chuck <><
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi ,
    The salmon was on the grill, under the dome - right? This may sound pretty dumb to those of you who know, but what is the purpose of the dryer exhaust tube???? And is it sealed on the end?

• Unknown
    Options
    you can't do cold smoking in the BGE, so i came up with the idea of divering the hot smoke via a long aluminum dryer hose with the hope of getting the smoke cool enough so as not to cook the salmon. I used 3 sheets of aluminum foil that were folded together at the long edge to form a wider foil. i placed the cured salmon on an oven tray which was encased in this aluminum foil. on one end i crimped the foil to the hose end while the other end was formed into a an exhast funnel. this allows the cooler smoke to travel through the salmon without raising the temperature to cook it-i kept touching the input side of the tray/hose to make sure it was not getting warm.
    (if you like your laundry smoked - bring it on down :>))[p]by the way this is my second batch of smoked salmon- the first batch was gobbled up by my family, friends & for my lunches (cream cheese on bagel with lox, tomatoe & spme freshly ground black pepper)

• PuppyBreath
    Options
    Chef,
    does that salmon come out moist so you can slice it real thin?
    how did you slice it? Did you wet your knife?
    TIA
    inspiring
    Pup

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    PuppyBreath,
    Check out the archives on thebbqforum.com. There was a discussion (maybe 2 months ago?) on cutting salmon slices for competitions. There were a bunch of great ideas presented, from electric knives to dental floss![p]Beers,
    Nature

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • PuppyBreath
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thankyou!
    Pup