Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger

Options
BP
BP Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been using my egg for a week now, and just wanted to thank everyone who posts on the forum for making it easy for a newbie to find a wealth of great advice on both buying eggs and accessories, and cooking info. If I quit eating long enough, maybe I might have time to figure out posting pics! THANKS EVERYONE!

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Do THE CHICKEN! LOL. Welcome to a great new way to cook and a great board that supports it! Julie
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Hello BP,

Sounds like you are doing great, that's just the way it should be.

Welcome to eggland.

GG
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Welcome to the cult.

I started back in October and just got my second EGG. I now have a large and a new small.

Greg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You'll never find a better bunch of people than you see here. Just wait till you meet them at an eggfest and you'll see that all the names are attached to really great friends.

Pat
    Melbourne, Fla
  • minimama
    minimama Posts: 24
    Options
    also new to the group I have a mini and an xllarge / enjoing the mini and cant wait to find time to give the xl a try... im sure well be exchanging receipts soon.. good eatting, colleen Va
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Welcome, keep up the questions. There isn't anything you can try or do that hasn't been done. If it is new, you may become legendary.
  • paulette
    paulette Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to the Egg and will receive it sometimes this week. Was wondering why one needs two of them, exactly? Thanks
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    when you get addicted to cooking on the egg, you want to cook everything you possibly can so you need as many eggs as possible. honestly, lots of people like to cook their complete meal on the egg so you may be cooking meat, veggies, breads, etc, so it is nice to have a couple to cook different things at different temps with different setups such as direct vs. indirect. Many people have a large and small combo that works well. Me, i have an XL, large, small and mini. Often cook on more than one. Have fun with your new egg
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL "why two" HMMM isn't there a lady who is pregnant with child #18 :sick: now that I question!!! having more than one egg?? never!! we now have 3 a lg and a sm here in Maine and a Md in Fl. I am working on a mini for here in Maine. Hubby just looks at me weird.... I bet with in a year you will be thinking this way too! B)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket, Dessert, bread..

Ohh wait that is six!!!