Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What went wrong?

Steve-OSteve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I'm sitting here enjoying another glass of Yellow Tail wondering what I did wrong with my pork chops. These were very lean center cut chops, about 1 3/4" thick, and NO fat. I seasonded them with seaoning salt, garlic power and ground pepper and covered with mustard. Then, I put them on the Egg at 270 degrees with a few chunks of apple wood. I turned them after 30 minutes and checked with a thermometer after 50 minutes - internal temp was 150 - time to take them off the grill. They were just ok in my opinion - very good flavor from the apple wood, but a bit dry - no juice at all. Should these have been cooked more like a steak - hotter temp for 2-3 min per side and then left to dwell for a couple more minutes? Or, is there another secret to making these lean pork chops turn out well?

Comments