Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pimpin up my small

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forgot to order a platesetter for my small. Wanted to do CW's cornbread and had to pimp it up for indirect.

Cut three pieces of rebar to fit across the fire box.
101_2662640x480.jpg

Put two firebricks on top of the rebar
101_2663640x480.jpg

Fire Ring and grid go on top of the bricks
101_2665640x480.jpg

Cut the handle off my 8" CI skillet - ready for cornbread
101_2666640x480.jpg

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    very cool, and cheaper than a plate setter. Wish I had thought of that,
    Bob
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    now you got to do a fatty..

DSCN0603.jpg

i did it just to prove i could, since i have a guru for the large and running the small indirect is so much diffrent than running the large without a guru.. little learnig curve for me :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Pretty clever solution there, Frank. The SBGE is great, isn't it? I cooked some burgers on mine today while setting up the LBGE for a ham we had for Mother's Day dinner this evening. Never did a ham until today, and I'll be doing it again next time.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Nice 'pimp' job.

The dealer had to order in a setter for me. I got some 1/2 thick fire bricks and drilled holes in each corner.

I then took some wire and made some hangers with a "S" hook to go on the bottom of the grid. - think of hanging flower basket.

The drip pan directly on top of the free hanging fire bricks. When I got the plate setter I cut down the fire bricks to fit the mini an when needed I use that for now.

Just another way to peel the egg.

GG