Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some more prime rib questions

Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,149
edited 7:18AM in EggHead Forum
If I did the Mad Max method on a prime rib how long should I expect a 13 lb rib roast to take? Mad Max calls for a sear then a 325 degree temp that I assume is dome temp, but I also read at the playing with fire blog a 220 to 250 grate temp would work also and take around 25 to 30 minutes a pound.

I'm thinking I might try the low and slow with a reverse sear but not sure how long this thing is going to take to cook. Any guesses?
·

Comments

• at 220 - 225 lo and slo figure on the 25 to 30 minutes per pound . .. the sear time is short whether or not you do it first or last. . . . if you roast at 325 dome temp like i do (and again whether you sear first or last), figure about 15 minutes per pound for medium rare. .. . HTH
    ·