Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some more prime rib questions

Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169
edited 11:07AM in EggHead Forum
If I did the Mad Max method on a prime rib how long should I expect a 13 lb rib roast to take? Mad Max calls for a sear then a 325 degree temp that I assume is dome temp, but I also read at the playing with fire blog a 220 to 250 grate temp would work also and take around 25 to 30 minutes a pound.

I'm thinking I might try the low and slow with a reverse sear but not sure how long this thing is going to take to cook. Any guesses?

Comments

• at 220 - 225 lo and slo figure on the 25 to 30 minutes per pound . .. the sear time is short whether or not you do it first or last. . . . if you roast at 325 dome temp like i do (and again whether you sear first or last), figure about 15 minutes per pound for medium rare. .. . HTH